Ministry of Foreign Affairs Attestation
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Qatar offers a wide variety of services both online and offline. For instance, embassy services for Qatari Citizens involve the Consular Affairs Department which is responsible for handling all inquiries by citizens and responding to residents inside and outside the country. Diplomatic and consular missions include the following:
- Responsibilities to issue new passports for Qatari nationals whose passports have already expired abroad. This may be as a result of a long period of duration for medical treatments, training courses, or further studies
- Transit tickets to newborn babies born abroad
- Helping Qatari nationals who lost their passports abroad with new passports
- Preservation and protection of the interests of nationals abroad
- Providing assistance to Qatari nationals who may encounter issues abroad; assistance includes coordinating with qualified lawyers in order to help plead for them when needed
- In case a Qatari national loses his or her passport in a country where no Qatari embassy is present, the ministry assists and facilitates their return into the country
- Help issue authorizations that will facilitate the affairs of Qatari nationals both abroad and in Qatar
The MOFA also plays an important role in the authentication of documents. The Consular Affairs Department authenticates the seal or signature of the Qatar Chamber. It may also authenticate the seal and signature of an accredited ministry as long as it is accredited by the Consular Affairs Department at the MOFA. The same is true for the certified copies of such documents (take note that in case the sign or seal is proven to be invalid, the authentication will be deemed void).
It’s important to be aware of the different authentication processes that your documents will go through regardless of your official purpose in the State. For instance, Degree Certificates for personnel who wish to apply for a job in Qatar must obtain a MOFA attestation. This also includes a Bonafide Letter or Letter of Authenticity from the necessary university or college. If you are aiming to pursue further studies in the country, it is also important to have all kinds of educational documents, degrees, and certifications properly authenticated so that the MOFA will accept these applications without a hitch.
The process will need authentications from the following:
- Notary Attestation from country of origin
- Foreign Affairs Attestation from country of origin
- Embassy Attestation
- Qatar Ministry Of Foreign Affairs
That said, having a trusted business consultancy partner to help you with the intricate processes is a must. You will need to rely on professional services with strong liaisons with the MOFA in order to have your documents authenticated and processed as smoothly, promptly, and cost-effectively as possible.
Afreno is a Business Consultancy that draws on its long presence, over 10 years in fact, in the field of forming companies, while capitalizing on its impressive know-how at both local and international levels. This endeavor also extends to developing local partnerships and offering excellent opportunities in real estate.
Unlike any other Business Consultancy company in the State of Qatar, Afreno includes under its umbrella three closely-linked comprehensive services: business advice, legal negotiation and real estate possibilities. This means that any project, however complex, can be dealt with in all its aspects. Added to this is our wide range of reliable clients and trusted business contacts, plus our up to the minute awareness of what is going on in the markets, whether GCC or local. Your business venture will be backed by our in-depth knowledge, the valuable connections we have built over time, and our solid reputation, ensuring that you succeed quickly, whatever enterprise you are involved in. All this will be achieved with the minimum of stress; unsurprisingly Afreno has become the point of reference for anyone wishing to incorporate or grow their business in the local market.