How to protect yourself from the novel coronavirus in Qatar
As Qatar braces itself against the worldwide COVID-19 outbreak, it’s important for you to know just how you can protect yourself and your loved ones from the rapidly spreading viral illness. While there is currently no cure or vaccine for the disease, prevention is still the best policy to shield yourself from getting sick.
The novel coronavirus infection includes symptoms such as cough, fever, difficulty breathing, and shortness of breath among others. A severe infection can cause pneumonia, kidney failure, severe acute respiratory syndrome, and death.
Some who have been infected do recover, but as the disease can prove fatal, it’s important to stay abreast of the latest updates from the World Health Organization, the Ministry of Public Health, and your local health authorities when it comes to medical developments across the globe. In the meantime, you can arm yourself against the virus by taking care of your health with the following preventive measures:
- Perform frequent hand washing. Clean your hands thoroughly with soap and water, or, if these are unavailable, with alcohol-based hand washes. Make sure that you wash between the fingers, under your nails, and your wrists as well.
- Maintain at least a one-meter or three-feet social distance from anyone who is sick or is coughing. This is to keep you from breathing in small liquid droplets that may be expelled from the nose or the mouth of an infected person, whether or not he or she has the COVID-19 virus.
- If you can help it, avoid touching your mouth, your nose, and your eyes. Your hands touch a great deal of objects throughout the day, and they can easily pick up viruses everywhere. Contaminated hands can transfer harmful bacteria and viruses to your face, where the virus can enter your body.
- Practice good hygiene. Cover your mouth and your nose with a tissue or with your bent elbow whenever you sneeze or cough to keep from spreading any infections to the people around you.
- If you feel like you have cough, fever, and difficulty breathing, seek medical help immediately. Early detection may save not just your own life but the lives of those around you. Seek medical care and call in advance so that you can be duly directed to the correct health facility.
- Follow the advice of your local heath care providers and authorities. This is not the time to be stubborn—following the official statements and memos from authorities is for everyone’s benefit. Keep yourself in-the-know regarding the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 in your area.
- If you’re feeling unwell, it’s best to stay home even when you simply have mild symptoms. It’s always best to be safe rather than sorry.
- If you have travelled to China and other infected countries or you have had contact with an infected person, seek local medical help or call the MOPH hotline at 16000.
While the Ministry of Public Health along with Qatar Airways and Hamad International Airport are religiously monitoring the coronavirus situation and taking precautionary measures via screening, nothing beats your own personal way of protecting yourself by following standard infection prevention measures.
Afreno is a Business Consultancy that draws on its long presence, over 10 years in fact, in the field of forming companies, while capitalizing on its impressive know-how at both local and international levels. This endeavor also extends to developing local partnerships and offering excellent opportunities in real estate.
Unlike any other Business Consultancy company in the State of Qatar, Afreno includes under its umbrella three closely-linked comprehensive services: business advice, legal negotiation and real estate possibilities. This means that any project, however complex, can be dealt with in all its aspects. Added to this is our wide range of reliable clients and trusted business contacts, plus our up to the minute awareness of what is going on in the markets, whether GCC or local. Your business venture will be backed by our in-depth knowledge, the valuable connections we have built over time, and our solid reputation, ensuring that you succeed quickly, whatever enterprise you are involved in. All this will be achieved with the minimum of stress; unsurprisingly Afreno has become the point of reference for anyone wishing to incorporate or grow their business in the local market.